Friday, November 19, 2010

Sleigh Bells!!!

Ok, I'm a little late on this tip, but if you don't have it go get the Sleigh Bells album, Treats. It is fantastic. It is the best birthday present I have ever given myself.

And this is why you go to the record store. I went in to buy something. Probably the Darkness on the Edge of Town outtakes, maybe something else. I had nothing better to do, so I shopped. Then all of the sudden I hear the opening of "Crown of the Ground" and my life changed. What the hell is this? It's loud. It's got a good beat. I love it. It's my new favorite thing in the world. What is it?

I'm sure we've all had experiences like this. I still remember the first time I heard Glossary. I heard the last half of "City Lights Shine" when they were opening up for Lucero at the Deli. That's all I heard. It was the end of their set. I asked my buddy Clay, "Who the hell is this? They're awesome!" I proceeded to buy everything I could by them. This feels like that. I love it.

Well, I set out finding what it was and heard and bought it. Go get it. Put it on. Turn it up loud. Thank me later.

Oh, and I may be the only person who has bought the Darkness outtakes and Sleigh Bells, what of it?

No comments: